I do enjoy cooking or baking for fun, but not when I get home from work and am already starving... Anyone with me on this?! When I am baking or making dinner, I always find that it I enjoy it more when I pour myself a glass of wine and turn on some music!
I have been eyeing several iPad holders for the kitchen to play music and display recipes, and came across a DIY on Pinterest that I had to try - I'm super happy with how it turned out!
Coconut-lime cookies coming soon, by the way! :) :)
What you need:
- A wood board (or bread paddle)
- A Scrabble letter holder (I have an iPad Air and it sits perfectly in the Scrabble letter holder - not sure about other iPad models)
- Something to prop the wood board up (the original instructions used a door stop, but I went to a million places and could not find a door stop that was wood - I ended up using a furniture leg purchased from Lowe's)
- Wood glue
1. Start by painting all of your wood the same color (I used an off-white, but in hindsight, I wish I used a darker color since the face of my iPad is white).
2. After the paint dries, sand the edges using steel wool.
3. Glue the Scrabble letter holder to the board. Before gluing, mock up how you want the iPad to lay once it is finished (for example, the end product may look proportionally off if the iPad sits too high or low on the stand).
4. Next, glue the front of the stand to the back piece.
5. Once everything is assembled, finish by spraying a clear coat of a protective finish.
I am quite surprised by how much I have used this already!! Even better, the whole thing cost less than $10 - not a bad deal!
Linking up for Whatever Goes Wednesday, Whimsy Wednesday, Work it Wednesday, and Worthwhile Wednesdays.