I was on Pinterest and came across quite a few recipes incorporating cauliflower, and I just couldn't resist these baked cauliflower cheese sticks. They were (not surprisingly) incredible, and John basically ate the whole batch all on his own.
It was one of those moments where I felt like I had to fight to get a piece!!
What you need:
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup of low fat mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- Marinara (optional for dipping)
1. Begin by "rice-ing" your cauliflower. To do this, I used a cheese grater and grated the head of cauliflower - this took about 10 minutes and grated about 2 cups of rice-sized pieces.
2. Microwave the riced cauliflower in a bowl for about 5 minutes until softened (stir every minute or so).
3. While your riced cauliflower is in the microwave, heat your oil and garlic in a skillet.
4. After your cauliflower is softened, mix together the riced cauliflower, oil and garlic, 1/4 cup of cheese, the egg (lightly beaten), and the Italian seasoning.
5. Spread the mixture into a baking dish (make sure to spray the dish first).
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees (or until golden brown).
7. Top with the remaining cheese, and bake for 5 more minutes.
Linking up with Tuesday's Table