This recipe is super easy, but squeezing all of the tiny little limes is a bit labor intensive (is there some sort of easy juicing trick that I don’t know about?). Either way, this recipe is worth the work, and the fact that these little guys are bite-size makes them even better.
What you need:
For the crust
- 1 1/2 cups of crushed graham crackers (or crushed shortbread cookies)
- 3 tablespoons of sugar
- 1/3 cup of butter
For the pie
- 2 (14 oz.) cans of sweetened condensed milk
- 3 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup of non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3/4 cup of freshly squeezed key lime juice (for me, this was about 15-17 key limes)
- 1 tablespoon of key lime zest
1. Begin by combining the crushed graham crackers, sugar, and butter; press a small layer of the mixture into the bottom of a cupcake liner.
2. Bake the mini crusts for 5-8 minutes at 350 degrees.
3. While the crust is baking, mix together the condensed milk, egg yolks (not the whites - save the whites if you want to make a meringue topping), Greek yogurt, lime juice (remove all seeds), and lime zest.
4. After the crust is done baking, add the key lime mixture to the cupcake liners, filling about 3/4s full.
5. Bake for 10-15 minutes (mine were done at 12), or until the top of the pie has mini pinhole bubbles bursting on the surface (do not brown!).
Linking up for Tuesday's Table!