There is no better summer holiday dessert than angel food cake, and this layered red, white, and blue version is perfect for Independence Day... and really, it couldn't be any easier to make!
What you need:
- 1 Box of angel food cake (or, follow this recipe if you are feeling ambitious)
- Cool whip (or, follow this recipe if you are feeling ambitious)
1. Divide the cake batter between three 9" round pans and bake as directed.
2. After the cakes have completely cooled, remove from the pan and top with cool whip and berries.
3. Layer the pieces of the cake and finish by frosting the outside.
4. Chill before serving.