Instead of making one large loaf, I decided to make 5 minis... after all, everything is cuter smaller! By the way, this bread is pretty much a pound cake and would be fabulous accompanied by ice cream and more berries... just sayin'!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, rinsed, dried and chopped
1. Grease and flour a 9×5 inch loaf pan (or smaller pans if you want minis!).
2. Cream the butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
3. In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add buttermilk and only stir until just combined; do not over mix.
4. Carefully fold in strawberries. Don't be alarmed - the dough mixture will be thick!
5. Bake for 50 minutes at 350 degrees.
6. Let it cool for at least 15 minutes before removing from pan.
Linking up for Tuesday's Table!