Growing up I always looked forward to my mom hosting her morning Bible study or having company over at our house because it always meant one thing... that she would be making coffee cake.
This stuff is amazing... and trust me, you can't ever have just one piece. But that's okay, because it is super easy to make, and you probably already have all of the ingredients lying around! And it's funny now some things never change - I still eat the brown sugar crumbles off of all of the pieces!
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tsps of baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 3 tbs of butter
1. Mix together the first four ingredients.
2. Crack an egg into a 1 cup measuring cup and fill the remainder with milk.
3. Whisk together the egg and milk, and then add to the dry ingredients.
4. Pour the mixture into a greased 8x8 pan.
5. Mix together the brown sugar and cinnamon, then sprinkle on top of the batter.
6. Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees.
7. Melt the butter, and as soon as the coffee cake is done baking, drizzle the butter on top.
And, voila! That easy!
Linking up with Tuesday's Table