Ok, I have to say it... July is half-over - does anyone else find this absolutely crazy?!
Since John and I moved to Arizona, we've been in full-on grilling mode. And let me tell you, it's fabulous... basically zero clean up, everything tastes great, and it's so dang easy!
We've been working on incorporating sides with our meals (we are still beginners at this...), and I stumbled across a yummy summer salad that I had to try.
What you need:
- 2 Ears of corn
- 1 Avocado
- Grape tomatoes
- 1 Clove of garlic, minced
- 1 Lime, juiced
- 1 Tbs of honey
- 2 Tbs of olive oil
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Begin by grilling the corn, and then cutting it off of the cob.
2. Chop about a 1/2 cup of cilantro, about 3/4 cup of tomatoes, and 1 avocado.
3. To make the dressing, mix together the fresh lime juice, honey, oil, garlic, and cayenne pepper.
4. Toss the corn, cilantro, tomatoes, and avocado with the dressing and chill before serving.