This weekend John and I dropped Scout off at bird dog camp in Prescott, Arizona (about 1.5 hours from Phoenix). She will be there for two weeks, come home for two weeks, and then go back for another two weeks. We were so sad to drop her off, and we don't really know what to do with ourselves without a tornado puppy making us crazy all day at home!
Since I had some time on my hands, I decided to make bacon tomato breakfast muffins for John to eat this week - and these bad boys are tasty!!
What you need:
For the dough:
- 5 cups of flour
- 3 tsp. of dried yeast
- 9-10 fl. oz. of milk
- 3 1/2 fl. oz. of olive oil
- 1 tbs. of salt
- 1 tbs. of sugar
For the filling:
- Sun dried tomatoes
- Creme fraiche
- Shredded cheese
1. Combine all of the ingredients for the dough and knead until pliable; cover the dough and let rest for 45 minutes.
2. Roll out the dough into a long rectangle; spread the desired amounts of the filling over the dough leaving one inch from the edge clean.
3. Roll the dough and filling length-wise and wet the edge of the dough to seal close.
4. Slice the dough into one-inch pieces and place in a muffin tin; top with a small amount of shredded cheese. Bake for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees.
These muffins are amazing fresh, but can be frozen for up to 3 months. This recipe makes 3 dozen, so I froze two dozen for John to microwave in the morning for 30 seconds for a perfectly yummy breakfast!
I'm not a huge breakfast person, but if John doesn't eat as soon as he wakes up, the man gets hangry... and no one wants that! Zapping these in the microwave for 30 seconds is a great and easy alternative to bagels, etc.