When John and I got married over three years ago, I was gifted several cookbooks for my bridal shower, and I am just now starting to go through them. One of my favorite cookbooks was gifted by one of my best friends, Hannah - and it is only fitting that it is titled Cupcake Heaven.
And it's true, it really is cupcake heaven. I currently have nine recipes flagged.
That's bad news bears for my waistline because these things are good.
The first cupcake recipe that I made has bananas and chocolate chips... and I threw in some coconut - basically it's amazing!
What you need:
- 1 cup of sweet butter
- 1 cup of superfine sugar
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 tsp of baking powder
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp of nutmeg
- 1 cup of mashed bananas
- 1/3 cup of chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of coconut
1. Combine the butter, sugar, flour, eggs, baking powder, and nutmeg in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
2. Stir in mashed bananas, chocolate chips, and coconut.
3. Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
4. Once the cupcakes are fully cooled, top with a cream cheese frosting and decorate with a slice of banana, chocolate chips, and coconut.
Makes 18 cupcakes... plan on eating at least half by yourself.