Now that we are a few weeks into the college football season, it is time to really start with the game day food. John is big on his game day food - he needs it to get the full "experience" (or so he says!). And I'm with him - there is something about extra tasty food that makes the game more fun to watch (and especially when you can snack on things all day long)!
Wings, spinach dip, and chips and salsa are regulars, but I thought I would switch it up with a crab rangoon dip. It was very rich and very yummy - I'm sure this recipe will be on repeat!
What you need:
- 2 8oz packages of cream cheese
- 1 6.5oz can of lump crab meat
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp of sugar
- 2 tbs of chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup of chopped scallions
1. Combine all ingredients, except the crab, and mix thoroughly.
2. Fold in the crab meat.
3. Place the dip in a oven safe dish (I used a nonstick spray first).
4. Top with breadcrumbs (optional).
5. Bake at 400 degrees until bubbly (it took me about 45 minutes).
Serve with tortilla chips and Triscuits.