I’m sure that everyone is saying this, but really though, I cannot even believe that Christmas is only about a week away. It feels even more crazy to me since this is my first winter in Arizona. I’m used to cold weather and snow, but it has only recently dipped into the 60s! …As far as Michigan is concerned, this is September weather!
Since it doesn’t really look like Christmas outside, I’m doing my best to make sure that it still feels like Christmas inside. This includes garland, Christmas music, Home Alone… and Christmas sangria! My dear friend Hannah gave me this recipe for Christmas sangria last year, and I have no clue why I waited a full year to make it!
What you need:
- 1 bottle of sweet red wine (we bought a really great semi-sweet Hungarian Merlot from Trader Joe’s for only $4.99 – holler!)
- 1 25 oz bottle of sparkling cranberry juice (also bought at Trader Joe’s – if you don’t have a TJ’s near you, use 1/2 Sprite and 1/2 Cranberry juice)
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate juice
- 1 cubed apple
- 1 cubed pear
- 1 sliced orange
- Pomegranate seeds
- 2-3 cinnamon sticks
- Sprigs of rosemary to garnish (they look like little evergreen branches!)
1. Combine your fruit (chopped apple, pear, sliced orange, cranberries and pomegranate seeds) into a pitcher and pour the bottle of wine over the top.
2. Add the cinnamon sticks and pomegranate juice.
3. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
4. Before serving, add the sparkling cranberry juice, and garnish with sprigs of rosemary.
It’s easy drinking, not too boozy, and wonderfully festive!
For more festive Christmas cocktails, check out these delicious looking recipes below!
And these non-alcoholic options!
Now it’s your turn! Link up and share your Christmas related post… we look forward to seeing what you share!