This past weekend was my last weekend with John out of town, and I knew I had to end my final bachelorette weekend with a bang. And the most obvious way to party it up was to watch loads of television and make the most delicious treat ever... pumpkin spice rice krispie treats!
They were ridiculously easy, and even more ridiculously tasty.
You need these in your life as soon as possible!
What you need:
- 1/4 cup of pumpkin
- 4 cups of marshmallows (but more the merrier)
- 6-8 cups of rice krispies
- 3 tbs of butter
- 1 tsp of pumpkin spice
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
1. Using a paper towel, dry out the pumpkin puree by blotting out the moisture.
2. After drying out the pumpkin, melt the butter on the stove, and slow add in the marshmallows.
3. Once the marshmallows are melted, add in the pumpkin, cinnamon and pumpkin spice.
4. Next, stir the rice krispies into the marshmallow mixture until completely combined.
5. Finally, transfer the rice krispies into a greased pan and pack down the treats.
I ate an obscene amount of these, and my only regret was not adding more marshmallows... ;)
They are a perfectly festive twist on a deliciously classic dessert (now, here's to hoping John recognizes me when he returns...)!