I have such a hard time believing that tomorrow is April 1st (don't forget to watch out for those pranks!!) and that Easter is this weekend... where is the time going?!
I mentioned last week that it will just be John and me for Easter this year, but that certainly does not mean that we will be skimping on our Easter brunch! I've been testing out some recipes, and this blueberry breakfast cake is to. die. for.
Really, it's uh-mazing!
What you need:
- 1/2 cup of butter, room temperature
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 2 cups of flour
- 2 teaspoons of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 cup of buttermilk
- 1-2 cups of blueberries
1. Cream butter, lemon zest, and sugar. Add the egg and vanilla, and mix until combined.
2. Mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Slowly add in to the batter.
3. Fold in the blueberries, and pour into a greased baking dish. Sprinkle the top with sugar.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes, or until done.
The batter is pretty thick, and the breakfast cake is moist and delicious (with a crunchy sugar top!)... so if that's your jam, then you will love this!
I'm already thinking about swapping out the blueberries with raspberries or bananas to change it up a bit!
This breakfast cake is an absolute treat and is certainly worthy of Easter brunch!