One of the things on my pre-baby bucket list is to build a decent stash of freezer meals. I absolutely love to bake, but when it comes to cooking, I'm not a fan... and throw a new baby into the mix and you've got yourself a recipe for Chick-fil-a five nights a week! And as much as a I love Chick-fil-A, I think I would be well served from a little bit more variety in my diet... which is the exact reason why these frozen dinners are key!
This pesto chicken ravioli is so simple to put together and tastes delicious. It makes a ton of food, so you can certainly count on some tasty leftovers for lunches. To save time (and cut costs on ingredients!) I generally make three of these meals at a time... One meal to eat that night and two to freeze.
With a second set of hands, I was able to make all three of the meals in about an hour... not too bad if you ask me!!
What you need (for one):
- 2lb cheese-filled ravioli, fresh or frozen
- 1lb of cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- 2 cups of zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup of red bell peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup of scallions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of basil pesto sauce
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1. Combine all ingredients into a large bowl, stirring thoroughly.
2. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. Pour the ravioli mixture into the baking dish and top with grated Parmesan cheese.
4. Cover with foil and bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees.
How to freeze:
1. Combine all ingredients into a disposable baking pan.
2. Wrap the baking dish in airtight foil, plastic wrap, or freezer paper... and freeze!
3. When you're ready to eat, thaw in the refrigerator, and as directed above.
For more freezer meal tips, you can check out my post here!
Any freezer meals that you recommend?!
I'm looking for more and would love some recommendations!